Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Short Film #1 My Guide

chutio

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:00 pm

This is a bitter-sweet Hungarian short film, with English subtitles. I think the acting is amazing. I hope you will like it.

NurseRatched

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Thank you for sharing! Incredibly poignant. So relatable; I will think of this every time my husband and I are squabbling over directions! Very clever, sweet movie❤️✨❤️

Dee
Site Admin

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Isn't it great? I'm so glad you've enjoyed it too, Mz NR.
I've just rewatched it with my husband, who also found it most amusing and moving, and almost guessed the ending. So much to love about the film, but the ending (the last few words and the very last sound) must be the most heartbreaking for me.

Tragedy laced with gentle humour... that's hard to do just right and it's most satisfying when it rings true. And I believe it really does in this film.
Thank you so much Chutio for this treasure! :x

Moonchime

Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:31 am

Wonderful! I loved it; such a commonplace everyday occurrence that made me feel I was watching myself at times (!!!???). Beautifully conceived and executed. A great find Chutio. :x
To be honest you could almost have a thread on arguments whilst driving - does anyone manage to remain calm and quiet when driving in new places, even with a satnav? We used to argue about the map-reading, now we argue about whether the stanav is reliable or not and whether or not we should follow it. It came to a bit of a head last week, on our way back from a funeral, when my husband said he was going to throw it out of the window! For no apparent reason it had decided to take us through all the country villages instead of the main roads. A most interesting journey for all sorts of reasons. :57:

Lori
Site Admin

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:04 am

I will find some quiet time this week to enjoy this film. (I'm at a family reunion right now.) Thanks for posting, Chutio. It looks lovely!

NurseRatched

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:55 am

Mz. Moonchime-LOL, absolutely the truth. All we have to say is, "At least we're not headed to the Lewis River" & the tension is broken. We started out one morning (a long time ago) to meet friends here:

We ended up back in our apartment, barely speaking, well after midnight. 'Nuff said!! :57:

Moonchime

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:26 am

NurseRatched wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:55 am
We ended up back in our apartment, barely speaking, well after midnight. 'Nuff said!! :57:
Oh I so sympathise! What a great place you were headed to. I think I might try your tension breaker - see if it does anything for us. :57:

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:15 am

You both made me laugh! Sounds sooooo familiar.

It seems like we all have bags of the same story to tell with different destinations and levels of testosterone but still, the archetypal story is the same! :57:

Yet what would they do without us? Huh?

DawnFae

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:41 am

Thank you for posting this clever and heartbreaking short film Chutio.
Men can argue that women nag all day long but in the end their hearts are in the right place and they are right a lot of the times.

It was a heartwarming and sad story but the man adopted the voice of his wife in the car instead of the non human's navigation system.
The message was: enjoy your loved ones while they are still with you even if they tend to overdo the supervising side of things...

DawnFae

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:42 am

WOW!
The "Lewis River" just looks fabulous!
Has anyone of you guys been there for real?

Thank you for sharing your precious memories and the beauty of nature :x !

NurseRatched

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Indeed, ladies, we have all this in common. And Mz. DF said it best-"enjoy your loved ones while they are still with you even if they tend to overdo the supervising side of things..."

Lol-Mz. Moonchime, please let us know how that phrase works for you! You may change it slightly-something about a funeral expedition-(I am certainly not making light of that solemn occasion...💕)

Mz. DF-the Lewis River in Washington is still a destination I would love to see someday-maybe the sting has worn off now & we can actually find it😂👍🏼

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Perhaps you could choose it as a destination for a big wedding anniversary? If you dare? A day before renewing your vows?

• Information