Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Gardens

Dee
Site Admin

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:21 pm

"The glory of gardening:
hands in the dirt,
head in the sun,
heart with nature.
To nurture a garden is to feed
not just the body,
but the soul.

~ Alfred Austin

This Topic here is open to celebrate beautiful gardens (your own and other people's) and to talk about the joys of gardening and growing your own food!

Hannyann

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:01 am

We haven't needed to water so much this summer!
I love art which is free and all around us - such as these tomatoes growing in my garden!

NurseRatched

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:26 am

Ooh, I love the shapes! No smooth, round tomatoes for you. I'm sure they will be delicious! :72:

Lori
Site Admin

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:05 am

Beauty on the vine, Hannyann! Nature is the best painter, sculptor, and singer. You've really created a work of art. I am not a gardener, but am always grateful for my friends who are! Abusive heat convinces me that others do it better. I do love to cook, however. To create a sumptuous meal from seed to table must be a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing.

Dee
Site Admin

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:41 pm

It's like Double Art: Nature has created it (and you've nurtured it) but then you've "framed" it in a photograph, creating art from "seeing" Nature's Original Art. These ain't no ordinary tomatoes, Ma'm.

I'm looking forward to more pictures, Hannyann! Xx

Moonchime

Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:39 am

[/quote]

What a fabulous picture Hannyann. I'm just a little bit sad because our fairly large crop of tomatoes has just revealed the dreaded Blight and my husband has gone into overdrive pulling them out and cussing something awful! It is true that he has put many hours of work into them.
It makes me realise how lucky we are not to be relying on the crop for the next meal. More cheering pictures please.

• Information