Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

News of The World

Dee
Site Admin

Wed May 25, 2022 12:40 pm

Really, there are no words. Not words I’d like to use here anyway.

This latest display of human depravity - amongst the daily reports of dreadful acts committed by people against people - physically hurts. I have no idea how a parent can recover from this.

Lori
Site Admin

Thu May 26, 2022 2:05 pm

There are no words. I have a dear friend who is a teacher not too far from there. It's gut-wrenching.

DawnFae

Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:07 pm

Brazilian soccer legend Pelé dies at 82

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/29/foot ... index.html

DawnFae

Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:01 am

I found this piece of information today. It looks like there are men who hate women and encourage others to do so. It is not just hatred it is exploitation and wanting to take away what women worked so hard to achieve: basic human rights, to be treated decently...

https://msmagazine.com/2023/01/09/andre ... sculinity/

This makes me sad. We should advance and not fall back into the dark ages. And now he "converted" to an Islam that suits his own twisted beliefs. This is just crazy and dangerous imho

https://newlinesmag.com/argument/andrew ... ytization/

Interesting article about a woman's reaction to this guy's "conversion":

https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/artic ... slim-women

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:12 pm

Thanks DF for raising my awareness of this new trend and this dreadful person (I guess he’s just one of many) spearheading this horrific movement turning men into monsters. Humans can be so deeply, deeply disappointing. Is there hope for us, as humanity, if for every amazing human that graces our world, there are so many disgusting specimen who raise their ugly heads, and sadly, often they’re the ones that get followed. :73:

DawnFae

Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:58 pm

Dee wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:12 pm
Thanks DF for raising my awareness of this new trend and this dreadful person (I guess he’s just one of many) spearheading this horrific movement turning men into monsters. Humans can be so deeply, deeply disappointing. Is there hope for us, as humanity, if for every amazing human that graces our world, there are so many disgusting specimen who raise their ugly heads, and sadly, often they’re the ones that get followed. :73:
I hear you!
It is sad and also disgusting predatory behavior. The internet had a lot of positive aspects and benefits but this belongs to its dark side when misogynist males use it as an outlet to sell their "coaching products and programms" to get rich and poison the minds of young males.

Society as a whole needs to address this threat and take it seriously. The young males need good role models and guidance that does not turn them against women who supposedly are at the root of all their peoblems as this guy is preaching...
Awareness is so very important! People think it is just talking but we know better.
Some of it actually sounds like the Gilead ideology...

I found this article, sounds very interesting

https://msmagazine.com/2022/10/20/bonob ... rosenfeld/

Lori
Site Admin

Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:19 pm

Unspeakable evil and violence. There is no peace with flagging resolve and weak leaders. Nature, and particularly evil nature, abhors a void. Prayers for those affected in this sad event in Israel.

Dee
Site Admin

Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:24 pm

This is all heading in very, very bad direction. Hard not to lose faith. :03:

Moonchime

Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:06 am

Once again we are watching things we never imagined.
Obviously I cannot condone the terrible deeds of Hamas - but if it was wrong to kill innocent Israelis, then surely it's wrong to kill innocent Palestinians.
So horribly, terribly tragic. :03:

Dee
Site Admin

Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:00 pm

The way this situation is escalating is beyond terrifying. It’s paralysing. I can’t help feeling we are heading towards a complete breakdown of society, law and order, at a global level. And this is where we are at, before all the chaos and further wars begin due to climate change. Human life appears to matter less and less.

I had a complete meltdown watching the news last night. I have no hope left for humanity. Despite all the marvellous things humans are capable of, we are doomed to self destruct, and nothing will save us.

What are we supposed to do now?

• Information