Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Movie #5 A Ghost Story

Dee
Site Admin

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:52 pm

I've got chills running down my spine from these vivid descriptions, NR. Imagine if all that our eyes cannot see and minds cannot comprehend would suddenly become clear to us, when someone is passing away from this plane. We might not be able to handle it.

It's all to do with energies, I think, (some we understand, some we don't). An unexpected death is bound to create more upset and heightened emotions because there was no chance to prepare for it. The mourners must project more intensely. A young person dying might cling to life more forcefully. You're asking all the most fascinating questions, NR, and we have such small chance to ever be able to answer them.

NurseRatched

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Dee wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:52 pm
Imagine if all that our eyes cannot see and minds cannot comprehend would suddenly become clear to us, when someone is passing away from this plane. We might not be able to handle it.

It's all to do with energies, I think, (some we understand, some we don't). An unexpected death is bound to create more upset and heightened emotions because there was no chance to prepare for it. The mourners must project more intensely. A young person dying might cling to life more forcefully. You're asking all the most fascinating questions, NR, and we have such small chance to ever be able to answer them.
It's the most engrossing topic, don't you think? And energy is such a slippery eel; but our ghost had an extremely violent death. I'm surprised there wasn't more dish throwing or fierce surges from him. (But maybe that's me anthropomorphizing; projecting how I would feel if I were ripped away from my family and cozy life.)

Dee
Site Admin

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Lol. That was the one weak point of the film for me. The ghostly powers. And yes, the manifestation of deep frustration. It took him a long time to get going, didn't it? But when he did, he did pretty good with throwing shit around. Quite splendid motor skills in action. Yet he was still unable to fish out that note from the doorframe. :roll:

DawnFae

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:54 am

The rules of being a ghost in this movie did not allow him to fish out the piece of paper from the door frame because he did not have fine motor skills to use a tool or such thing to pry the message out of the tiny crack his wife hid it in. That was the problem I believe :73:

• Information