Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Game Of Thrones 7x02 - "Stormborn"

DawnFae

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:22 am

GOT Episode 7x02 "Stormborn”

Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) receives an unexpected visitor. Jon (Kit Harington) faces a revolt. Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) plans the conquest of Westeros.

Written for television by Bryan Cogman; directed by Mark Mylod.

Promo:

Dee
Site Admin

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:26 am

Much to love in this episode.
Sam being such a sweet badass and healing Jorah. Jon being so good at knowing what's the right thing to do. Arya meeting her dire wolf in the wilderness. Deciding she'd go home rather than pursuing her avenge-list (for now). Much as she's become this super skilled ruthless terminator, it's always heartwarming to see her as a young girl, tomboy as she might be, interacting with her peers. Hanging with the young Lannister soldiers, with the Pie boy... It's comforting she can still be that person as well. I'm delighted she's heading back to Winterfell.

Favourite part: Varys telling Daenerys that his loyalty is with the common people. That dialogue was just awesome.

Dee
Site Admin

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:35 am

Dee
Site Admin

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:40 am

Not a fan of battle scenes to start with, but the battle sequence in this episode was so frantic, it was almost impossible to follow what was happening. I hope Theon will recover himself and find a way to rescue his sister. I'm not losing sleep over the Sand Snakes, but losing this fleet will be a big blow to Daenerys. This Euron is one crazy and terrifying dude.

Dee
Site Admin

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:41 am

Oh, and I mean loving the Hound's redemption arc.

Greyworm's love confession was also endearing.

• Information