Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Game of Thrones 8x04 - "The Last of the Starks"

DawnFae

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:20 pm

Game of Thrones 8x04 Promo & Featurette

Game of Thrones | Season 8 Episode 4 | Preview

DawnFae

Mon May 06, 2019 10:34 am

Game of Thrones S08E04 Featurette | 'Inside the Episode'

Dee
Site Admin

Mon May 06, 2019 12:41 pm

I haven't watched the above yet, but I've just seen the episode... Good. Gracious.

I'm amazed and hugely revealed Cersei didn't get Tyrion killed as well, there and then. I'm deeply disappointed in Jaime. And Missandei... :73: I'm reeling still, to be honest. Tyrion tried to appeal to Cersei's one good side, but even that one good side was tainted a long time ago. And Tyrion is wrong. Cersei IS a monster.

The dilemma of Varys is fascinating. I am in full agreement with him. If we had to choose, Jon would be a better choice to rule than Daenerys. But I think Tyrion is right too, the two of them together, now that would be possibly the best scenario. Somehow, it feels like one of them is going to die now. And I think it might be Daenerys. :73:

I think I need to rewatch. It's just too stressful first time round, to take it all in. :roll:

And we didn't now get anything on the NK, and WWs. They are now yesterday's news. The grieving and final farewell to the fallen heroes was beautiful at the beginning. And I'm very happy with Arya and The Hound pairing up again. They will be the ones finishing Cersei and the Mountain.

DawnFae

Mon May 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Yeah! I am so sad :73: :03: !
I couldn't bring myself to watch the episode yet. The few horrible scenes made me too sad.
The poor Dragon :03: !
I somehow loved them and now 2 of them are gone! Cersei is the real monster here.
Poor Missandei!
Will Dany burn them all with the remaining Dragon?
She will have to become smart and not lose her last Dragon to Cersei's lethal weapons. Dany got too secure in her superior army and her Dragons, now two are no more!
OMG! She lost everything again! Even Jon is not supporting her emotionally anymore, at least for the time being.
I am not sure I will stomach seeing the Dragon's demise again...

Where do we go from now?
What is left for Dany now? Really? When 2 of her Dragons are gone now, such a waste, so sad :03:

Dee
Site Admin

Mon May 06, 2019 2:11 pm

See what you think of the episode after you've watched it, DF.

I must admit, I'm disappointed. I have thought the world of this series, up until the frustrating end to the NK and WWs storyline, and this last episode filled me with nothing but sadness and disappointment.

I liked only three things:

1. The beautiful funeral and Jon's speech at the beginning.
2. Arya and the Hound sneaking off and teaming up together to kill Cersei and the Mountain.
3. The discussion between Tyrion and Varys re: Jon v. Dany.

The rest... :73:

DawnFae

Wed May 08, 2019 12:39 pm

I watched the episode. Well, as much as I could stomach of it.
I am still very much upset over the slain Dragon!
Perhaps he will still survive somehow :03: ?

What the hell! Varys is such a betraying piece of ....

How Dany trusted him in the first place is beyond me! She is all alone and that makes me really sad!

Maybe Jon and Dany will die. Where are the writers going with this???

Somehow there will be a very nasty surprise for Cersei's army. Did Dany manage to have an army of Dragons?
The look on Euron Greyjoy was very telling.

Ser Davos mentioned the passing of Melissandre and that the Lord of Light hadn't given any signs whatsoever. Will there be some magical intervention from the Lord of the Light to come to Dany's rescue?

Did Dany know there were more Dragons out there? Or am I having some wishful thoughts on how she would prevail in the fight against the true monster of this story?

Anyhow, I would love to see poor Rheagal come back but what are the chances really :03: ?
Jon is being so stupid! Good but stupid all the same!
Why did he have to be so cruel to Dany? She did everything for him and his people...
Did they learn anything for the Long Night? To me, it seems that nobody close to Dany and Jon did except for Tyrion...
It is so very heartbreaking right now...
Episode 5 better deliver something meaningful otherwise the whole series is being thrown against a wall of a huge disappointment.

Dee
Site Admin

Wed May 08, 2019 3:39 pm

I must admit I'm filled with some trepidation going forward with the last two episodes of the series. I worry that all will be rushed and more things will happen just "because no one would be expecting it". We want this to end well, a worthy ending to a great series. Fingers crossed, DF!

DawnFae

Sun May 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Game of Thrones | Season 8 Episode 5 | Inside the Episode

• Information