Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Please Come and Say Hello!

Jollybeard

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:12 pm

I can't work out how to reply to you all individually?
So I have to reply to you all at once...and say thank you for such a warm welcome.

Dee
Site Admin

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:43 pm

If you want to reply to someone individually, Mz JB, you have two choices:

You can go

Hey, Dee, I dig your cigar.

Or:

you can use the Quote function ["] that is found in the top right corner of the post box. That would copy the entire post you want to reply to.
Jollybeard wrote:
So I have to reply to you all at once...and say thank you for such a warm welcome.
Then you can add your comment under. If you just want to quote a little section of that post, you can of course edit it accordingly. :x

Jollybeard

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Dee wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:43 pm
If you want to reply to someone individually, Mz JB, you have two choices:

You can go

Hey, Dee, I dig your cigar.
I can't seem to do this ...

Or:

you can use the Quote function ["] that is found in the top right corner of the post box. That would copy the entire post you want to reply to.
Jollybeard wrote:
[/quote
Then you can add your comment under. If you just want to quote a little section of that post, you can of course edit it accordingly. :x
So is it best to delete what you don't want and leave what you do? Then comment.
I am not able to write directly under other people's comments as there is no ability to type as the keyboard doesn't come up? :sign0085: :sign0144: I'm sure it will come clear once I become more familiar...

Dee
Site Admin

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:39 pm

Lol, that's ... :017: ... :57: you're almost there! :x

Shall we do a quick tutorial on Thursday?

Until then, just address all the crazy folk here together. We'll all listen... :08:

NurseRatched

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:51 pm

Mz. Jollybeard, you fit right in! Weeks later and Dee is still tidying up my disjointed quotes and disappearing photos! It's tons of fun in here-so much to see and learn. Welcome 😃✌🏽✨😃

LashLarue

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello!
I am excited to be joining this very interesting group of amazing women! I am a native mid westerner that was transplanted to Sin City (Las Vegas) 28 yrs ago. I am in the dental profession and love it. I'm single and the mother of a 21 yr old son. I love the outdoors, camping and fishing, photography (even tho I'm a dabbler), and I have a new lease on life. My mantra for this year is, "Get busy living or get busy dying" from Shawshank Redemption. I choose to GET BUSY LIVING!! I am lucky to have the best "sister friend" in the world who has been thru the thick and thin of life with me and invited me to this site. I know this is going to help me grow in so many ways. Possibly to open up and share more of "me". Although it wasn't evident by my very first post. I have an active and twisted sense of humor. :57: Please bear with me as I get used to navigating the technology world.

Dee
Site Admin

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:53 pm

LashLarue wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:09 pm
Hello!
I am excited to be joining this very interesting group of amazing women! I am a native mid westerner that was transplanted to Sin City (Las Vegas) 28 yrs ago. I am in the dental profession and love it. I'm single and the mother of a 21 yr old son. I love the outdoors, camping and fishing, photography (even tho I'm a dabbler), and I have a new lease on life. My mantra for this year is, "Get busy living or get busy dying" from Shawshank Redemption. I choose to GET BUSY LIVING!! I am lucky to have the best "sister friend" in the world who has been thru the thick and thin of life with me and invited me to this site. I know this is going to help me grow in so many ways. Possibly to open up and share more of "me". Although it wasn't evident by my very first post. I have an active and twisted sense of humor. :57: Please bear with me as I get used to navigating the technology world.
GET BUSY LIVING!!

Sounds like a great motto, Mz Lash. I'm sure you will find plenty of inspiration here. I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you! I'd love to see some of your photographs if you're happy to share them? Enjoy your lovely "sister-friend", and we thank Lori for bringing you here!

Lori
Site Admin

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Oh, Mz. Lash! So glad you are here, my lifelong friend! I'm hoping you start a thread pronto with some of your photos. I recall one of Abraham Lincoln... You are a welcome addition to the harbour! Sail around and sprinkle your brand of wonderful wherever the spirit moves you!

Dee
Site Admin

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:28 pm

Peggy wrote:Dear Mermaids! I am Agi's friend. I turned 50 on Saturday. Originally I wanted to surprise my dear friend on that occasion with my registration, but you protect your harbour so fiercefully that it took me 2 days to dock  My lower part - as a councellor - wiggles in the sea of emotions, whilest my upper part is a PR person, who spends all her day in front of the computer. So I will not be the most active member, therefore I ask for your patience. I am grateful to you for letting me in! Peggy

Well, we don't just let any riff raff in, Mz Peggy!

I'm delighted you've finally managed to "wiggle in". You can't imagine how happy I am to see you here with us. Welcome, my dear, dear old friend. :x

Lori
Site Admin

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:41 pm

Welcome Peggy! Congrats on the big 50. Glad you made it through the rocky crags to the harbour. Truly, the hope is you will find something that intrigues both parts of you. We all are crazy busy and never wield pressure, except for some very compelling threads (if I may say so). I credit your dear friend for the heart of the place, along with the others who bring the spirit and flavor. Post when you can and enjoy always!

You arrive here with the highest of credentials as a dear friend of Dee's BTW. You are one of the lucky ones!

DawnFae

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:36 am

Welcome to the Harbour Peggy!
I am looking forward to your postings and to interacting with you.
Have fun with the mermaids :x !

Moonchime

Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:30 am

Lovely to hear that you managed to sail in. I look forward to sailing/swimming in the harbour with you.

Hope you had a good 50th. Just trying to remember what mine was like. :57:

• Information