Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Please Come and Say Hello!

Lori
Site Admin

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:09 am

Glad you have joined us on this new adventure, Moonchime! I know you are important to one of my favorite people, so I already feel an affinity for you. Chocolate just sealed the deal...

NurseRatched

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Good Day, Ladies✨

I was invited here by my marvelous sister-in-law. I am so grateful for this bit of wonder in my tumultuous life.

I am a wife/mom/nurse, currently exiled in the Midwest; I belong in the sea πŸ’™, the mountains πŸ—» & the trees 🌲. I am here to drink from all the beauty this oasis has to offer. Thank you for allowing me to land. I may peek in from time to time. I just reached the Fifth Floor (turned 50 in July) & I find myself in a professional conundrum. Until it's sorted, I may just pop in to steal music suggestions & weep at your talented musings. ✨🌲✨ I promise to give back as well. Thank you!

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Welcome to the Harbour (and the Fifth Floor), you sea-loving mountain-walker tree-spirit! I've seen your Agnes Obel post before your "hello" so I already know we are going to get along famously.
Wishing you good luck with your professional conundrum (and that when you get it sorted, you'll still be around!) Looking forward to fiding out what music gets you going!

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:36 pm

polly wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:42 pm
Hello Friends!
I'm dipping my toe in, a bit intimidated and taking a leap out of my comfort zone.
I live in Texas, teach 2nd grade, and try to mend broken minds, bodies, and souls.
Welcome, Polly. What a beautiful way to describe your vocation. I fully appreciate how difficult it is to venture out of your comfort zone, but hopefully very soon this place will qualify as your comfort zone! Lovely to meet such a dear friend of Lori's!

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Moonchime wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:17 am
Hello fine company!
I was brought up by the seaside ( which I miss) but have now spent as many years living in a rather rural part of East Anglia. I live with my DIY husband, very old chocolate labrador and, on and off, two grown up children. For many years teaching dominated my life, but now I only do a small amount and other interests have begun to take root, if not exactly flourish.
I love travel, being outdoors and learning new things, which brings me to sailing into Piccadilly Harbour. It seems like a fascinating and vibrant place to be and it leaves me slightly awestruck. I feel like a tug-boat having floated into a fleet of tall ships! But happily I do enjoy all things maritime and new adventures( even though sometimes I just sit and eat chocolate)...
Welcome, Mz Moonchime, adventurer and chocolate-muncher! I'm so chuffed to have your fine ship here with us, all ready to sail. You're a woman of many talents and sharp wit, and most of all, a 'life artist'. You embrace new ventures and adventures with an open mind and heart, and it's been a pleasure to share some of those with you over the years. Here we go then, my dear friend, starting a wonderful new chapter!! And there will be chocolate. And cakes, of course, I promise!

Lori
Site Admin

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:45 pm

NurseRatched wrote: ↑
Good Day, Ladies✨

I was invited here by my marvelous sister-in-law. I am so grateful for this bit of wonder in my tumultuous life.

I am a wife/mom/nurse, currently exiled in the Midwest; I belong in the sea πŸ’™, the mountains πŸ—» & the trees 🌲. I am here to drink from all the beauty this oasis has to offer. Thank you for allowing me to land. I may peek in from time to time. I just reached the Fifth Floor (turned 50 in July) & I find myself in a professional conundrum. Until it's sorted, I may just pop in to steal music suggestions & weep at your talented musings. ✨🌲✨ I promise to give back as well. Thank you!
My dear NurseRatched - may I call you NR? Life smiled on me the day I met an amazing man, and having you as part of the deal means life has been doubly good to me. Suffice it to say you are one of the most talented women I know. Your voice has always been in my top ten favorites hands down. Your passion and playing nearly shred me. (I may beg permission to post proof in the "Our Songs" thread at some point.) So happy you are here. Let's misbehave...

NurseRatched

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:54 pm

Dee wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:09 pm
Welcome to the Harbour (and the Fifth Floor), you sea-loving mountain-walker tree-spirit! I've seen your Agnes Obel post before your "hello" so I already know we are going to get along famously.
Wishing you good luck with your professional conundrum (and that when you get it sorted, you'll still be around!) Looking forward to finding out what music gets you going!
Thanks so much. I need the luck!
I am amazed at this endeavor; I love all the segments! So much thought and heart in it-gorgeous. And I saw Pingu here-PINGU is one of our favorites!! Happy to be here..

Lori
Site Admin

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:57 pm

....the first post in Nature's Finest (Life thread) is dedicated to you, lady...

NurseRatched

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Lori wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:45 pm
NurseRatched wrote: ↑
Good Day, Ladies✨

My dear NurseRatched - may I call you NR? Life smiled on me the day I met an amazing man, and having you as part of the deal means life has been doubly good to me. Suffice it to say you are one of the most talented women I know. Your voice has always been in my top ten favorites hands down. Your passion and playing nearly shred me. (I may beg permission to post proof in the "Our Songs" thread.) So happy you are here. Let's misbehave...
You can call me anything you want, you naughty little minx. What have you done here? You may have just saved my life (again) with this invite. I SO NEED some creativity & women in my life right now! Honored to be here. Now I can really be astonished by you; you are incredible. I'm glad you are sharing your light and talent with others. Love you!

Moonchime

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:33 am

Lori wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:09 am
Glad you have joined us on this new adventure, Moonchime! I know you are important to one of my favorite people, so I already feel an affinity for you. Chocolate just sealed the deal...
Thank you so much Lori. What a kind welcome! I am afraid chocolate is only one of my many weaknesses...

Moonchime

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:49 am

Dee wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 pm
Moonchime wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:17 am
Hello fine company!
I was brought up by the seaside ( which I miss) but have now spent as many years living in a rather rural part of East Anglia. I live with my DIY husband, very old chocolate labrador and, on and off, two grown up children. For many years teaching dominated my life, but now I only do a small amount and other interests have begun to take root, if not exactly flourish.
I love travel, being outdoors and learning new things, which brings me to sailing into Piccadilly Harbour. It seems like a fascinating and vibrant place to be and it leaves me slightly awestruck. I feel like a tug-boat having floated into a fleet of tall ships! But happily I do enjoy all things maritime and new adventures( even though sometimes I just sit and eat chocolate)...
Welcome, Mz Moonchime, adventurer and chocolate-muncher! I'm so chuffed to have your fine ship here with us, all ready to sail. You're a woman of many talents and sharp wit, and most of all, a 'life artist'. You embrace new ventures and adventures with an open mind and heart, and it's been a pleasure to share some of those with you over the years. Here we go then, my dear friend, starting a wonderful new chapter!! And there will be chocolate. And cakes, of course, I promise!
You're too kind Dee, but I do like it. Yes we have shared a few adventures over the years and you have taken me in all sorts of directions that I never would have gone without you, and for that I am truly grateful. My life has been richer for it. Your energy and enthusiasm are infectious and have gone a long way in keeping my terror in check. Here's to the new chapter
then... and keeping promises!

Dee
Site Admin

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:17 am

:D You are gonna hold me to the cake and chocolate promise thing for ever more now, I can tell... :? I'm glad we've had both covered this morning! :P

Thank you for your kind words too, Mz M.
This is clearly a Mutual Appreciation Society!

• Information