Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

1x23 ‘Family’

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:23 pm

I know that at this late stage of the game the new variant S1 zombies on steroids are ridiculous.

I know that the Commonwealth has been a cliched monkey town with zero hint of realism.

I know that the mother show should have ended years ago.

I know that the writing has been patchy and often subpar.

I know that there were many mistakes made along the way. Including some really painful big ones that were borderline dealbreakers for me.

I know many storylines could have been developed better or should have been avoided at all cost.

I know that greed and ego have sometimes gotten in the way of artistry.

I know that the glory days of this show are long gone.

But.

I also know that this show has introduced me to a mesmerising parallel universe where humanity is still shown to shine as a beacon in the midst of all the shitshow and depravity.

It has made me care deeply about a great bunch of fabulous fictional characters, many of whom I’d be honoured to call my friends or family. It was wonderful to be able to follow their lives over all these years.

The show has also given me countless unforgettable, beautifully crafted moments on screen.

It has made me think about society and morality in new unexpected ways.

So. I’m still here. Loyal till the end.

All considered, I forgive the show its faults and failings. For all the gifts it has given me over the years, I decided not to dwell on the negative. Like with most things I love, I choose to focus on the positive.

And when I examine my heart, despite all the crap, I still fucking love this show.

Therefore, despite the stupid annoying variant walkers and the considerable trauma of having to watch two of my favourite girls getting badly injured, I still give this episode a 9/10.

DawnFae

Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:53 am

Hey Dee :x !
I hear you!
We love some shows and despite what the writers do or fail to do with them, we still love them because of the characters and the core stories and relationships that find their way into our hearts.

Is this the last episode in the series?

I was so sad when TVD ended...
Well, enjoy TWD until the very last second. some shows can't be forgotten!

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:22 pm

Thanks DF. There is one more episode, tonight! But then we will have various spin-offs, so it’s not the end-end just yet. Otherwise I’d be really gutted it’s all over. It still feels very sad to part with most of the characters, after all these years.

Lori
Site Admin

Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:24 am

This is so beautifully stated. It’s very hard to explain to people who have not experienced the series in totality that it’s really not just a zombie show. Yes the show ran its course in a lot of ways years ago but I doubt we would trade the good parts that came after. Basically, if it grabbed the heart of some amazing people in my life, it must be a spectacular piece of work!

Dee
Site Admin

Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:27 pm

:x :x :x

And I think it has grabbed yours too at times … A crazy journey. :08:

• Information