Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

10x11 'Morning Star'

Dee
Site Admin

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:48 am

The whisperers are coming for Hilltop. After Daryl and Lydia's encounter with Alpha the communities must decide whether to run or fight. Eugene's communication with Stephanie gets complicated.

Dee
Site Admin

Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:50 am

Oh my god. It feels like everyone's getting closure scenes. Like it really could be anyone or everyone dying here. Even Carol. If I didn't think Daryl invincible, I'd say even Daryl. This is the first time he is thinking he really might die here. It's terrifying.

I can't believe how fantastic this episode was. Just superb.

My only nitpick is that I really don't understand the Negan arc anymore. What the hell is he planning here? How far is he letting Alpha go? And if he's still sitting on the fence, is this Whisperer life really a lifestyle he can imagine living? Is that really an option for him? Has he such little faith in Hilltop and Alexandria? Nah. Surely he's just biding his time to kill her, but WHEN??? Must happen in the next episode. Surely. Surely.

The other nitpick, why wouldn't Eugene tell Stephanie that they are in mortal danger? Nothing much left to lose, you'd think.

I loved all the interactions between our main characters. All of them so heartwarming, so emotional.

Lydia crying and Daryl hugging Judith slayed me.

Oh my. The Walking Dead at its best.

Might be my favourite episode of this season. Certainly one of them.

Lori
Site Admin

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:20 pm

Watched this and the next episode, so I do believe I am caught up. And exhausted. There were so many loose ends being addressed it did make you wonder just who was next! Last wishes being addressed...Carol & Ezekiel. Was the painting she was gazing at Glenn? Or her son?

And, of course, our tough cookie with the soft interior was so humane to Carol. The talk with Judith was so special. I turned to Mr. L and said, "Someone in Great Britain melted right there!" It is written so right and really a beautiful interaction and dialogue.

It seemed insurmountable - I am surprised there was so little fall-out.

Well, I suppose Eugene has really moved on from Rosita.

Negan is a key player, isn't he? I never felt he fell in with the Walkers. Especially in socks...

Dee
Site Admin

Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:54 am

Lori wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:20 pm
Watched this and the next episode, so I do believe I am caught up. And exhausted. There were so many loose ends being addressed it did make you wonder just who was next! Last wishes being addressed...Carol & Ezekiel. Was the painting she was gazing at Glenn? Or her son?

Glenn. :73: :73: :73:

And, of course, our tough cookie with the soft interior was so humane to Carol.

He's the best.

The talk with Judith was so special. I turned to Mr. L and said, "Someone in Great Britain melted right there!" It is written so right and really a beautiful interaction and dialogue.

Totally melted. Good call. He was such a darling. A dear dear uncle to this wonderful brave little girl. Their relationship is one of the most heartwarming thing on this show. Just think how Daryl was the first to feed her ten years ago, and here they are still, and he's still taking care of her. Only that Judith is now also looking out for Daryl. Fixing his vest... Just how sweet was that? In a stupid zombie show?

It seemed insurmountable - I am surprised there was so little fall-out.

Did you really see the next episode as well?

Well, I suppose Eugene has really moved on from Rosita.

That appears to be true. I loved their scene so much. I swear if anything happens to Rosita I will throw stuff. Eugene is definitely safe with this new story arc centred around him.

Negan is a key player, isn't he? I never felt he fell in with the Walkers. Especially in socks...

Again, I'm not sure if you've seen the next episode? I haven't started a thread for it yet, but will do in a moment.

Lori
Site Admin

Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:51 pm

Ha ha ha, little smarty! Yes, I’ve seen the next episode and I am waiting to gasp my comments in your next thread!!!

:72: :57: :72:

• Information