Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Hundertwasser

Moonchime

Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:23 am

Each colorful design element of this house has intended meaning too, from the wrap-around structure meant to embrace the temporary guests, to the life bearing trees that extend from the inner walls.

I love the philosophy of Mr. H - ensuring that nature isn't cheated of space and replacing trees and shrubs on roofs or extending them from inner walls. I do think that curved lines are extraordinary, but I do sometimes find that uneven floors disorientate me. On the other hand I love round windows and curved staircases and when I have been in a round space I usually find it pleasing. I think I need to give this subject further investigation. The materials used also evoke different responses I think. Concrete can be a difficult medium, even with beautiful shapes whereas stone and wood seem to me to be much more human.

Lori
Site Admin

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:27 pm

I really like that incorporation too. It did cross my mind that these would be super fun spaces for children (and a decided challenge for parents)! I can just see a little one pushing their toy cars down the slopes and rolling themselves. Now, high heels? Hmm. Not so much.

NurseRatched

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:33 am

To quote Mz. Moonchime-
I do think that curved lines are extraordinary, but I do sometimes find that uneven floors disorientate me.
I was really surprised to find myself squirming a little internally looking at his buildings! I love the whimsy and color, and I have to admit the uneven proportions stirred some freaky obsessive-compulsiveness in me! LOL Very unlike me...

• Information