Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Street Art Favourites

Dee
Site Admin

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:39 am

All of these are amazing!!

So are they all reproductions? Not his original works?

They all are wonderful paintings, aren't they? Or do they get a special new lease of life in these new contexts?

Moonchime

Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:52 am

So yes they are all reproductions:

Julien de Casabianca , 46, French and Corsican, is both a visual artist and a filmmaker.
In 2014, he launched Outings Project, which consists in bringing paintings from museum walls into the streets. He has been invited by many museums around the world to play with their collections and show his work in exhibitions in museums and galleries of the photographs he took of his collages and shot.

His work is always related to the street.

Some of the art works better than others I think, depending on how clear it is that it is stuck on the wall, but I think it's a great idea that incredible paintings get "outings" in the street and make people wonder where they came from and what context of painting they belong in; even if you know the painting it makes you focus on the bit he's chosen to use and see it in a new way. There's so much amazing art that is never seen by most people and this remedies some of that.

Dee
Site Admin

Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:06 am

Thanks for the info, Moonchime. I agree with your assessment on the project.

I love the little girl, the angel, and this:

...in particular. I think the angel is my favourite. I coul imagine a whole town scattered with such giant angels... how you could feel walking amongst them. Protected? Watched over? Comforted? I think so.

NurseRatched

Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:25 am

That's a brilliant idea. I am drawn to the faces! So talented. And as you say, MC, anything that may prompt more people to investigate art is a good thing.

• Information