Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Rustam QBic

Dee
Site Admin

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:43 am

Dee
Site Admin

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:49 am

NurseRatched

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:15 pm

Dee wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:22 pm
Rustam QBic (Russia)

His FaceBook page:

https://www.facebook.com/qbicone

His site currently under construction:

https://www.rustamqbic.com

This was the first piece of Rustam Qbic's artwork I've come across:

Recycling Kingdom by Rustam Qbic for Pangeaseed / Seawalls - Located in Napier, New Zealand

What a powerful image. At first look, children playing make believe. Love the little princess, and the boy who is so engrossed in painting windows on the house. But then you look closer: it seems he's using the oil pollution the girl collects from the ocean. The house, her jacket and her crown were probably built from litter floating around them. It's interesting that we have only children in the picture. A fine world we are leaving for them. :73:
Tonight, I sat down with my husband & we clicked through the "Street Art" topic. What an amazing collection in there; he was just as entertained as I am when I head in to scroll through. We both really just stopped dead when we saw this one. It's so poignant. I recently saw a picture taken of the ocean, filled with garbage, just choking with it. It really made me sick. This mural screams of hope. We just love it.

Dee
Site Admin

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm so glad to hear that you've gone over the threads with your husband, NR, and that you've both connected with some of the amazing things these artists have gifted us.

There is such a wealth of beauty and thought provoking stuff out there on public walls. It's a great pleasure to catalogue some of the best pieces and artists here. We have barely begun. And the most wonderful part is that these artists are all still very much active now...

The oceans...the pollution is simply tragic.

• Information