Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Jollybeard's Desert Island Discs

Dee
Site Admin

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Well Mz Jollybeard, this has been quite a party here tonight!

I was working away here into the night, and you've been providing an amazing playlist for it, for which I must thank you. But it looks like you've been having a ball with compiling this little set here!

Lots of commonalities here, Missy. I basically like everything you've posted. Such great songs to belt out, alone or with likeminded crazy people.
English Rose is just a gorgeous little gift, and Happy Day is one of my all time favourite gospel songs, going back to my childhood. Sister Act is just too much fun and bless Whoopi for existing.
Thank you for the music, Mz Jollybeard. Already looking forward to the next selection! :x

Jollybeard

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 pm

I'm not sure if this is going to land in the right place, but yes Dee, certainly having fun....couldn't actually stop! :08:

Dee
Site Admin

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:37 pm

That's just brilliant. I'm so glad you're having fun! You never have to stop. This place here is infinite. :x I'm off to bed now, but you don't need to turn down the music!!! I can sleep through anything, and our American girls might pop in later! Night night! :015:

NurseRatched

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Well, well, my oh my! What's going on in here?! :035: Late to the party, I see!

Fabulous selections, Mz. JB! I even see a song from my desert island-Amy Winehouse! That song just washes over you, doesn't it?! And "Natural Woman"? Thankful for Carole King, who wrote it & has a version out there. But I'll take Aretha's version, 1000%!! I blast that when it comes on the radio!

Surprised at the Paul Weller! Beautiful song. We played "My Ever Changing Moods" to death back in the day.

Great choices here. Hope you don't mind if I wander back in again? Plus, it sounds like there is still a post-divorce party in your future! Maybe Paris?!😃✌🏽️ Thank you, ma'am!

NurseRatched

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Jollybeard wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:35 pm

George Michael was a big part of my partying with good friends all through my twenties and thirties, so many great memories. I still love so much of his work. I have chosen him singing with Mary j Blige as she features in my world of music too...
Take it away guys...
I miss George!! :03: Mary J. Is the shit-I love her!!

Lori
Site Admin

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 am

Love-loving this playlist. So much joy - so much get off the ass and dance! I literally dreamed of Annie Lennox last night! She was on a beach in army fatigues....go figure...stage threads? Really empowering celebratory stuff here, Mz. Jollybeard. Thanks for sharing. Memory lane and commonalities. Yes!

• Information