Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Billie Eilish

Dee
Site Admin

Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:07 pm

She performed the JB song at the Brits, and good lord, didn't she do well? If only ever the audience had shut up. Still. Here it is.

Mz Lori, you might want to show your husband that she can belt out like a pro as much as whisper-sing, cause she's just pretty awesome all round. :57:

NurseRatched

Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:31 am

I have such mixed feelings about her music. "No Time to Die" is really the song I like the best out of everything I've heard! I love her louder ranges/voice quality. She's another artist that I love as a person (like Bjork) but her music is just so much harder for me to embrace.

Dee
Site Admin

Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:37 pm

Perhaps her upcoming new material past No Time To Die will win you over? :035:

Lol. I think I actually love everything she's ever released. :57:

Dee
Site Admin

Sun May 31, 2020 2:25 pm

I really do feel for her. It's a no win situation, on a day to day level. She will hopefully win in the end, rising above it all. It's not so easy when you're still a young little thing. Not even 19 yet.
And all the things she's achieved already, my goodness. The price is pretty high though. Alongside the admiration comes constant scrutiny and malicious criticism, looking for perceived weakness, a need to crucify from a disgusting place of envy and obnoxious ignorance.

This video is awesome. Good for her. Standing up to this ugly world of body shaming - most of us are guilty of to some extent, I know I am not innocent, even if I'd never dream of saying anything to a person that would make them feel bad, good LORD, and damn you internet for enabling these faceless attacks. However, I have made plenty of private bitchy observations in the past about people 'letting themselves go', that I'm not proud of. Even if I have been equally mean to myself. It's all horrible and totally unacceptable.

I love Billie's courage and determination to fight for awareness and need to expose this culture where such ridiculous, pointless and unfair comments about people's appearance fly still so easily, and how these comments can be poisonous and devastatingly damaging. Ultimately, not only to the person the comments were made about, but to all those who hear and read it, including the person who made the comment the first place. It's such a toxic culture.

Dee
Site Admin

Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:20 am

Beautiful collaboration.

Dee
Site Admin

Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:29 am

And this was so much fun. Love the ending.

Dee
Site Admin

Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:45 pm

Just released. Pure awesomeness - song, lyrics, video. I love it.

Dee
Site Admin

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:06 pm

A documentary film has just come out on Apple TV about Billie called ‘The World’s A Little Blurry’ - I haven't seen it yet but bits from it are already on YouTube. I’ve loved this, the siblings working on Bury A Friend. They have such a great way of working together. I could happily watch them writing music together for hours.

Dee
Site Admin

Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:54 am

And here they are working on the title song of the next album "Happier Than Ever" which will clearly be a fantastic song based on these snippets. And these two. What a gift they are to each other, and to the rest of the world, I just adore them.

Dee
Site Admin

Wed May 26, 2021 6:08 pm

I gotta say I really like some of Finneas’ solo stuff as well. Actually, this is one of my favourite tracks at the moment, it’s really sweet:

And this one is beautiful:

Dee
Site Admin

Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:57 am

Such a fun cover, it needs to be included! I think Billie would love it.

Lori
Site Admin

Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:30 pm

Really good stuff here, PIC. I didn't know Finneas had some solo recording going on. He is very talented and such a giving partner for Billie. I like the softness and then strength in his voice. Sad song for sure - to a person who hurt him twice (at least). I worry for Billie's sanity being so young in the industry. I hope her family support is intact as that helps to an extent. Yet, people around these young celebrities really don't understand fully what it's like to be in the limelight and the crap that is thrown at them daily. She is a tough cookie but fragile too. Thanks for sharing more of her stuff - I hadn't delved in lately. I will explore Tim's version later when I'm alone!

• Information