Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Turn Off the Shuffle--Albums, from beginning to end

Dee
Site Admin

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:57 pm

I'm having a jolly vampire song on as I'm typing, the opening track of bloodletting, so far so good, Mz Lori! :x

Last night I did what I don't think I've ever done before, and put on Seventeen Seconds myself. I mean, this is Will's music! I listened to it all and had to conclude that it is indeed a BTE. Such an atmospheric album, it is just wonderful from start to finish. See if it grows on you, Lori.

This Concrete Blonde album is a little variable for me. So far I've enjoyed 'Darkening Of the Light' most, love all the weaving in and out in the verses.

NurseRatched

Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:28 am

I've never listened to Bloodletting front to back---doing that right now. Concrete Blonde's first album was always my favorite, and while it's not some magnificent record, it always has my heart for pure nostalgia!

I realize now that I've heard "Seventeen Seconds" many times :72: :57: Our friend played it TO DEATH way back in the day...LOL Great album! Tracks do flow into each other, which makes it a beginning-to-ender. It does sound a little dated to me, but I think it's just the Cure's distinctive style. A band that always sends me down memory lane.💜

NurseRatched

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:50 am

Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack-did anyone else see the new version on Easter? I thoroughly enjoyed it! John Legend and Sara Bareilles really did a fabulous interpretation of some pretty iconic songs. A lot of Broadway purists were not happy that professional stage actors weren't cast. I found it refreshing. The actor who portrayed Judas was INCREDIBLE.

Erykah Badu-Baduizm. Baduizm is the debut album by American R&B and neo-soul singer-songwriter Erykah Badu, released on February 11, 1997 by Kedar Records.

Lori
Site Admin

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:55 am

I only caught the last 10 minutes!!! However, I see I can access it On-Demand and will do so this weekend. I thought the production was pretty phenomenal and I cannot agree more about Brandon Victor Dixon's Judas. That man showed up for work... I am a fan of Sara Bareilles too.

While I believe I only saw the original version once, we had the sheet music book growing up and I know every word to every song. Very fun.

Dee
Site Admin

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:41 pm

I love the 1973 film soundtrack more than the original stage show soundtrack. Also know every single word... have played it so many times!

Must seek out this new performance online, and will check out 'Baduizm'.

NurseRatched

Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am

Bonding with this album...Fabulous hypnotic Middle Eastern vibe....

Dee
Site Admin

Thu May 17, 2018 5:55 pm

YaY!!! :08:

There is only thing better than this CD, and that was hearing it performed live. O.my.god. Sadly the amazing lead singer on this album is no longer in the band. Their second album with the new singer is not even remotely in the same league. 'Everything Must Change' is just pure magic.

NurseRatched

Thu May 17, 2018 6:26 pm

That's a bummer. I hate it when a favorite band doesn't stay together for decades! Interesting how switching a singer can torpedo a vibe. Same thing happened to Morcheeba in '03. You know how lucky you are to see all this fabulous music LIVE???!!! You're DAMN LUCKY. :035:

Dee
Site Admin

Fri May 18, 2018 3:03 am

Lol. I know I am.
Festivals are really the best places for live music, I've found.
Womad has changed my life.

• Information