Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Morituri te Salutant

DawnFae

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Free style attempt to express emotions.
Morituri te salutant

Call of Honor
Steadfast Determination
Armors and arms
fight to death
Willingness to sacrifice oneself
for a higher cause
Love never dies
Reaching out to the beloved
last call of the heart
forever remembered
Going out in a blaze of glory
end of suffering
my last breath
I give to you
so you can live
because I love you
Te amo a morir
Feel it
It is true

Inspired by the song below

Dee
Site Admin

Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:06 pm

Hope you don’t mind Mz K but I’ve given your poem a new thread as it’s been inspired by a new prompt, this beautiful music. Who’s the composer?

So this free style burst of lines inspired by the song - is that all the inspiration, or am I detecting rightly a favourite hero of yours in the midst who’s sacrificed his life to save others? :035:

Moonchime

Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:33 am

Love that music DF - and those intense eyes could certainly inspire creativity!!!

Your poetry always makes me feel such passion and intensity DF. You are such a free flying Romantic - such heartfelt emotions spilling out onto the page. Thank you for the ride.

DawnFae

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:23 am

Dee wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:06 pm
Hope you don’t mind Mz K but I’ve given your poem a new thread as it’s been inspired by a new prompt, this beautiful music. Who’s the composer?

So this free style burst of lines inspired by the song - is that all the inspiration, or am I detecting rightly a favourite hero of yours in the midst who’s sacrificed his life to save others? :035:
There may be more inspiration from all this :57: !

The composer: I couldn't find a definite answer to that question, possibly Glenn Stafford https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Glenn_Stafford

DawnFae

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:24 am

Moonchime wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:33 am
Love that music DF - and those intense eyes could certainly inspire creativity!!!

Your poetry always makes me feel such passion and intensity DF. You are such a free flying Romantic - such heartfelt emotions spilling out onto the page. Thank you for the ride.

Oh, Dear MC, you are so kind, thank you for your encouragement :x :x :x !
Passion, love, adventure and even a little danger as Damon told Elena :x !

• Information