Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

Book #8 - Underland by Robert Macfarlane

Moonchime

Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:53 am

I reckon he had to be a good singer with all that emotion inside him...
Some how it all seems just right.

I think most people would open a package if they found one in their garden or under the floorboards - curiosity has to be one of the most natural human features - it might be different if it warned of dangerous contents, then I think some would think twice but otherwise I don't think so. The fact is much of what we bury doesn't come with a warning - maybe it's too difficult to put one in the right place. Of course somewhere like Chernobyl just attracts people because it's got the element of danger. Strange.
I don't feel quite so pessimistic about the human race - I think many folk are trying to change things but some of the changes needed were never going to happen overnight- it will take time, so much of society has been built on structures that will need to be dismantled. We must continue to strive and hope.

Dee
Site Admin

Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:06 pm

Of course you’re right. I’m afraid I’ve become rather pessimistic about the human race, but you’re right, we can never give up hope. There are plenty of wonderful humans around still, so yes, there is always some hope, and we must hold onto it.

• Information