Underland by Robert Macfarlane is a fascinating non-fiction read in The Lazy Book Club.

Let’s chat about Blue Jay in Movie Nights!

The Originals Spinoff Legacies Ordered to Series at The CW

Lori
Site Admin

Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanks, DF. I did watch the episode with Caroline. Candace looked so beautiful and poised. Klaus is still the most emotional emotionless hybrid who ever awoke from desiccation, I see. It was a fun little ride. I wonder if they asked Candace to do the spin-off but she declined?

DawnFae

Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:43 am

Lori wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:10 pm
Thanks, DF. I did watch the episode with Caroline. Candace looked so beautiful and poised. Klaus is still the most emotional emotionless hybrid who ever awoke from desiccation, I see. It was a fun little ride. I wonder if they asked Candace to do the spin-off but she declined?
You're welcome Lori :x !
It looks like Candice will play a role in the upcoming Show "Legacies" because she is the
co-owner of the magical school and the mother of the two Syphon witches.
JP tried to be mysterious about Caroline's role in the new show:

Is Caroline in Legacies on The CW?

Yes, Caroline Forbes (Candice King) will be in Legacies as she will be helping to run the school.

Speaking about Caroline’s part in Legacies, showrunner Julie Plec told TVLine: “Caroline’s got her own stuff to deal with; she’s got daughters who need her and a school she’s running.

“She’s got her own life. She’ll be OK. Klaus impacted her in really profound ways, but I think she’s going to be OK.”

Plec teased Caroline’s storyline in Legacies, saying: “There’s an episode where she doesn’t come home for something she should come home for, which opens the door to a mystery about why she’s been gone.”
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-ra ... King-Klaus

I am not sure anymore about JP's motives because I thought she could have handled the Caroline / Klaus "reunion" or "relationship" in a much more meaningful way but she chose to play a "give the fans a little and take back a lot" kind of game, which I found to be sick and a sad replica of what she did with the TVD characters and their relationships :roll: .
I thought it was a wasted opportunity but that's JP and I'm afraid she ain't gonna change any time soon.

I guess that I will have a look at "Legacies" in October and see how it plays out. Hope's actress has done a good job so far imho but if JP is going to repeat the failed love stories she gave us in TVD I will be out sooner than she can say epic :evil: :73:

The Originals 5x13: Klaus and Caroline in New Orleans | Deleted Klaroline Scene

Lori
Site Admin

Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:45 pm

I so agree. I have been to this dance too many times with JP stomping on my toes to trust her with anything remotely satiating regarding a relationship of import. She skirts the edges and nearly delivers, but can't quite see to give the viewer a happy ending. Who really wants a happy ending from JP, however... Hmm. Gouge my mind's eye out please.

This was the silliest manifestation of background people I've seen in a while! I still get a kick out of the effort, however.

:57:

Dee
Site Admin

Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:03 pm

But you gotta love Klaus doing and talking about art... that's just the best. :72:

DawnFae

Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:58 am

Thursday, October 25
9-10 PM: LEGACIES (Series Premiere)

Color me intrigued about the spinoff of the spinoff of TVD!

Who knew that TV show could have grandchildren :shock: :57:

DawnFae

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:33 am

4 episodes in and it is quite interesting.
It is built on the basis of "the supernatural monster of the week" kind of setup. There seems to be an overall mystery to the story but there are no big revelations yet.

3 former TVD characters made an appearance: Rick is a regular character but Jeremy and Sheriff Donovan were involved in short scenes. Matt could make more than one appearance in the next episodes being the sheriff and all but whether Jeremy will show up more frequently is not known...

Have you guys watched yet?

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:11 am

I've forgotten all about this, DF, to be honest.

So no sign of Caroline yet?

DawnFae

Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:17 am

Dee wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:11 am
I've forgotten all about this, DF, to be honest.

So no sign of Caroline yet?
There is no sign of Caroline yet! I haven't heard her daughters talk about her either or they did so briefly in the beginning of the season but I can't remember it.

JP mentioned that Caroline will be MIA because of something important. It could be that she is following some hot trail regarding a magical artifact that seems to attract all sorts of supernatural creatures that are not suppose to exist...
Spoiler:
Creatures like a nasty gargoyle, a dragon, a huge spider...

It is actually nice to watch. I am almost expecting the story to get better and more engaging. For now it is more of a setup for something huge to happen. We'll see!

Dee
Site Admin

Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:54 am

I will put this is the Might Watch Some Time Pile, and let you do the scout work on it, DF. :57: Right now I think if I were to go back to this universe, I would want to finish The Originals first. Stopped watching mid-season 3, I think.

My first priority is catching up on Game of Thrones, in time for the final season.

DawnFae

Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:04 am

Dee wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:54 am
I will put this is the Might Watch Some Time Pile, and let you do the scout work on it, DF. :57: Right now I think if I were to go back to this universe, I would want to finish The Originals first. Stopped watching mid-season 3, I think.

My first priority is catching up on Game of Thrones, in time for the final season.
HAHA! Okey dokey then :x !

Lori
Site Admin

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Oh brave, DF! I'm not sure I want to expose my bottom to JP again. I trust your sensibilities and will await your assessment of the 'big bad' reveal and if it is worth watching!

BTW - Kevin Williamson has that new show out there 'Tell Me A Story' starring *drum roll please* Paul Wesley. (slight gagging occurring). It might be fun to tune in to see if he can actually act for a change.

• Information